PRE-RECORDED WEBINAR: “The NEW ICD-10 Diagnosis Codes: What EVERY Therapist Should Know”
This one-hour webinar will give psychotherapists a great overview of what you need to know about the brand new set of ICD-10 diagnosis codes that therapists must use for all sessions October 1, 2015 and after. This will affect all therapists, whether they are affiliated with insurance panels or not. Unlike most webinars on this topic, this workshop is not aimed at physicians, but is aimed at the therapist seeing clients in a private practice, agency, or other outpatient setting. Not learning about the new diagnoses codes and the subtleties of the coming changes could have a major negative impact on you and your clients.
The webinar takes no technological know-how — you will be sent a link in an e-mail, and with one easy click you can watch it on your computer at your convenience, as often as you wish.
You will learn:
* Why the changes are happening, and why now
* How the codes in the DSM-5 and the ICD-10 codes are similar –– and different — and why it matters
* Where to get a list of the new ICD-10 codes
* What you should do to prepare for the transition
* Tips to avoid claim denials, including some diagnoses to avoid
* Coding on a CMS-1500 claim form and invoice — avoiding common errors
* Rethinking diagnosis, including how you may inadvertently hurt clients (and yourself) by trying to help them by not reporting “harmful” diagnoses, or making up diagnoses where none exist, and how these common practices relate to insurance fraud
About the Presenter: Barbara Griswold, LMFT, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in private practice, and author of “Navigating the Insurance Maze: The Therapist’s Complete Guide to Working with Insurance — And Whether You Should,” now out in it’s 2015 6th edition. Barbara hprovides phone consultations to therapists nationwide with insurance questions and problems. She invites you to contact her at email@example.com.
AFTER PURCHASE, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL INVOICE FROM PAYPAL AND A SEPARATE EMAIL WITH THE WEBINAR LINK AND CE POST-TEST LINK. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THIS LINK WITHIN 3 HOUR OR HAVE ISSUES VIEWING THE WEBINAR, PLEASE CONTACT US at firstname.lastname@example.org.